Sunday, August 4, 2013

Playing Catch Up- May 2013

Last blog was about our cruise in February. 
March: It was Shilo's Birthday. I won't blog about it because you can read about it here
April: My parent's came out for a visit and it was Brandon's birthday.

And that brings us to May.

We saw The Great Gatsby with our awesome friends who aren't afraid to dress up with us and who have amazing authentic outfits (and even know how to pose in 1920s style!!)

Later that month was our anniversary (5 years!!). We painted and redecorated our master bedroom. Super romantic huh?? :) I will post pictures of that later. Here is a teaser:


Then we (Shilo and I) threw a bridal shower for Mallory. The theme was white/rustic. Here were the invitations, all made from scratch:



Here is a picture of me decorating the cake with Brandon photo bombing (as usual). Our awesome friends let us borrow all of their cake decorating tools and even taught us how to decorate a cake for the shower. We have amazing friends. PS: Don't mind how janky the cake looks right now.

Shilo made caramel corn to go in these mason jars as party favors. 


My aunt sent us homemade soap to hand out as prizes. The soap holders were made by my uncle. I mean, it doesn't get any better than this!!


 Side Note: We hate bridal shower games but we played this AWESOME one called "Who's got the groom?!?" Where everyone had an envelope and inside the envelope was a famous actor (that Mallory was a fan of) in a tux. One person had David in a tux and that person won. It was simple and fun to see all the hot men in tuxes!






This is a collage of some of the food and decorations



The finished cake! I will NEVER make mums again....NEVER!!


Food Table


Proud sisters


The Bride-To-Be



Right after the shower we drove to Orange, VA to take some engagement pics for the happy couple. Since I am not too sure if they want their pics on my blog, here are some vague shots



That is it for May! June was crazy you guys...just you wait and see! I am almost caught up, yay!

Thanks for stopping by! Peace, love and caramel corn.

2 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on the internet finally... I love your blog. Thanks again for the best shower ever. And you guys look so great for Gatsby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the picture in the wheat. AMAZING. Love it.

    ReplyDelete